Projekat Velika Mala Privreda (Big Small Businesses Project) is a five-year activity that will enable Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to be better integrated into higher-value-added value chains and developed markets, and be active participants in a more inclusive and sustainable market system. The Project will achieve greater impact and catalyze systemic transformation by shifting from a national, sectoral focus to a regionally tailored approach that strengthens the local market systems. With a focus toward the future, the Project will identify and respond to emerging opportunities for Serbian SMEs to creatively solve challenges and respond to new opportunities. ACDI/VOCA and our partners have identified two primary sectors with high potential for export and inclusive growth opportunities in underdeveloped regions – Agriculture & Food and Equipment & Machines – with intersectional opportunities in Digitalization, Green Economy, and Creative Industry applications.
Request for Proposals
- Improve productivity and profitability of SMEs through enhanced management and modernization
- Expand SME exports through improved market alignment and adaptations
- Increase SME utilization of financing instruments
- Improve human capacity development, especially for youth, as a cross-cutting outcome
Project Activities and Approaches
- Engage with a range of local partners through data-driven analysis and design
- Work with localized partners and networks on capacity building, information sharing, and market linkages
- Focus the activity’s work on innovation and collective action
Anticipated Project Results
Anticipated results include:
- 1,000 private sector firms that have improved management practices or technologies as a result of United States Government (USG) assistance
- 40% increase in sales of firms impacted by USG-funded assistance.
- 500 new market products or services as a result of the USG assistance.
- $50 million in new investments made as a result of USG assistance.
- 1,200 jobs created as a result of USG assistance
Chief of Party: Alex Pavlovic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Director: Elitza Barden, email@example.com
Project Specialist: Abraham Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org