A Legacy of Lasting Change
As a leading market systems practitioner, ACDI/VOCA addresses issues of food security, economic prosperity, and social inclusion through locally driven market solutions.
ACDI/VOCA is a global development design and delivery partner based in Washington, D.C. We have implemented effective economic and social development projects around the world since 1963. Our areas of expertise include: Agriculture, Economic Growth, Resilience, Finance, and Equity & Inclusion.
We engage governments, civil society groups, private companies, and financial institutions in our program design and execution. We employ some 1,000 people in the United States and overseas.
Together, we help sustainably improve the lives of families and the health of communities worldwide.
Vision, mission, and values
Vision: A world in which people are empowered to succeed in the global economy.
Mission: To achieve better lives for people and communities by increasing economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Values: Our core values underpin our corporate culture. We are an organization driven by:
- PASSION – We are passionate about our vision for the world and about our commitment to each other and to the people and communities where we work.
- INSIGHT – We invest in learning and thought leadership and apply knowledge-based insights in everything we do.
- RESPECT – We promote diversity, transparency, and collaboration because we recognize the dignity, contributions, and interests of others, both inside and outside our organization.
- RESILIENCE – We are innovative, adaptive, and versatile and learn from our mistakes as well as from our successes.
- IMPACT – We are inclusive, empowering, and results-oriented because we care about achieving our mission.
- INTEGRITY – We are honest and accountable, and we value doing the right thing.
Since 2020, ACDI/VOCA has been committed to the UN Global Compact corporate responsibility initiative and its principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-corruption.