Information We Collect
You can browse acdivoca.org without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
Here are the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters and updates from us
- When you download publications and articles from us
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events
- When you request information or assistance
- In conjunction with your employment or volunteer inquiries or applications
- When you participate with social media accounts involving ACDI/VOCA
- When you participate in communities and other interactive services
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions
- When you communicate with us through the website
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
Here are the most common types of Personal Information we might collect and store:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Physical address
- Organizational affiliation
- Job title and sector
- Why you are interested in ACDI/VOCA
- Details of your communication with us
- Other information relevant to user surveys
- Employment history, education, skills, and references (if applying for a position or internship at ACDI/VOCA or interest in volunteering with ACDI/VOCA), and
- Other information relating to you personally that you may choose to provide to us.
When you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). We may collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information
- Certain usage information about your use of the website, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the website
- “Traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, access times, and referring website addresses, and
- Your search terms and search results.
We may also collect and store certain other Non-Personal Information regarding our users’ use of the website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the website.
We may combine Personal Information and Non-Personal Information gathered from the website and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by ACDI/VOCA and information received from third parties—including information that currently exists in our files—into a single customer record. We may also use and/or combine information that we collect offline to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes
- Responding to your inquiries
- Communicating with you about your transactions with us and sending you information about features on our website or about ACDI/VOCA
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies
- Personalizing content and experiences on our website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium
- Processing your employment application
- Event or program registration
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations
- Research and development
- Verifying your account and account activities
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns, and
- Managing our organization.
We Are Committed to Protecting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you give us is held on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party with the utmost care and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We use reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We do not sell or rent personal information to others, unless we are required to do so to conform to an applicable law or to protect the safety of ACDI/VOCA or affiliates, the users of our website, or the public. We use your information only for the limited purposes of sending you updates and useful information about our services, programs, resources for the field, enhancing the site operation, for statistical purposes, and for overall systems administration.
Authorized employees, agents, and mandatories of ACDI/VOCA who require access to your personal information to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Personal Information of Children
While our website may be viewed by children, our site is not specifically dedicated to children and we do not actively solicit information from children. Children under the age of 13 are required to obtain permission from a parent or guardian prior to providing any personal information.
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (May 25, 2018) is a European Union regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR given the limitations of U.S. Government regulations at the local and federal level, as well as any contractual obligations that may supersede GDPR requirements.
Questions and comments should be directed to ACDI/VOCA staff at email@example.com, or at the address or number listed below.
Communications & Outreach
50 F Street, NW Washington, DC 20001
To unsubscribe from e-mail updates from ACDI/VOCA or delete your contact record, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: April 2019