Solicitud de Propuestas/Request for Proposals
“Honduras Market Systems Diagnostic 2020” (April 15, 2021)
“Metrics and Data for Self-Reliance: Evidence from Honduras” Learning Report published on USAID’s Learning Lab (October 20, 2020).
“Adapting Impact Measurement and Management to the COVID-19 Crisis” (June 2020) PowerPoint presentation.
Business Resilience Analysis: COVID-19 (April 2020).
The Transforming Market Systems Activity (TMS) reflects collaboration between the Government of Honduras and USAID/Honduras under the key initiatives of the Alliance for Prosperity and Honduras 20/20 to address the root causes of illegal migration and contribute to a more prosperous, secure, and inclusive Honduras. TMS works with government, civil society, and the private sector in Honduras to facilitate systemic change in Honduran market systems that grow demand for products, create self-employment, generate new jobs and economic opportunities for USAID beneficiaries at a scale, depth, and geographic concentration to create transformational change in local economies.
The Transforming Market Systems (TMS) activity fosters competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities that incorporate women, youth, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, the poor, and other marginalized groups who are often excluded—or even exploited—by traditional market systems.
Project Activities and Approaches
- Value-added agriculture: Transform agricultural products and services to create value and expand market share.
- Tourism and creative industries: Develop attractive experiences that motivate tourists to visit and spend in Honduran destinations.
- Entrepreneurship: Deliver the resources needed by entrepreneurs to establish new ventures and grow their enterprises.
- Labor Intermediation: Facilitate training and placement in jobs, advance workers’ careers, and ensure a skilled workforce for private-sector growth
- Business-enabling environment: Establish institutional and legal environments to improve ease of doing business / competitiveness
Anticipated Project Results
- Number of individuals with new or better jobs: 50,000
- Incremental value of sales: USD$50 million
- Amount of public and private capital leveraged: USD$50 million
Project Specialist: Justin Ober, email@example.com
Do Behavior Change & Market Systems Development Belong Together? Colleagues Sound Off on Tensions & Synergies
In April, a number of ACDI/VOCA staff members had the great pleasure of participating in the 2019 Market System Symposium …
How Young Honduran Entrepreneurs Are Transforming Their Hometowns
Published by USAID’s Learning Lab, October 20, 2020.