Solicitud de Propuestas/Request for Proposals
“Honduras Market Systems Diagnostic 2020” (April 15, 2021)
Market Systems Resilience: Impact of COVID-19 and Hurricanes Eta & Iota on Honduran Market Systems (January 2021)
“Metrics and Data for Self-Reliance: Evidence from Honduras” Learning Report published on USAID’s Learning Lab (October 20, 2020).
“Adapting Impact Measurement and Management to the COVID-19 Crisis” (June 2020) PowerPoint presentation.
Business Resilience Analysis: COVID-19 (April 2020).
Business Resilience Analysis: COVID-19, second survey (May 2020).
Private Sector Engagement Relationship Qualities in a Market Systems Development Activity Learning Brief (April 2016).
2018 Market Systems Diagnostic Report
Integrating the 5Rs Framework into the Transforming Market System (TMS) Activity Design, Implementation and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Honduras Presentation & Brief (2018)
The Transforming Market Systems Activity (TMS) reflects collaboration between the Government of Honduras and USAID/Honduras under the key initiatives of the Alliance for Prosperity and Honduras 20/20 to address the root causes of illegal migration and contribute to a more prosperous, secure, and inclusive Honduras. TMS works with government, civil society, and the private sector in Honduras to facilitate systemic change in Honduran market systems that grow demand for products, create self-employment, generate new jobs and economic opportunities for USAID beneficiaries at a scale, depth, and geographic concentration to create transformational change in local economies.
The Transforming Market Systems (TMS) activity fosters competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities that incorporate women, youth, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, the poor, and other marginalized groups who are often excluded—or even exploited—by traditional market systems.
Project Activities and Approaches
- Value-added agriculture: Transform agricultural products and services to create value and expand market share.
- Tourism and creative industries: Develop attractive experiences that motivate tourists to visit and spend in Honduran destinations.
- Entrepreneurship: Deliver the resources needed by entrepreneurs to establish new ventures and grow their enterprises.
- Labor Intermediation: Facilitate training and placement in jobs, advance workers’ careers, and ensure a skilled workforce for private-sector growth
- Business-enabling environment: Establish institutional and legal environments to improve ease of doing business / competitiveness
Anticipated Project Results
- Number of individuals with new or better jobs: 50,000
- Incremental value of sales: USD$50 million
- Amount of public and private capital leveraged: USD$50 million
Chief of Party: Ricardo Amaya, email@example.com
Associate Manager: Justin Ober, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Director: Thelonious Trimmell, email@example.com
Engaging the Private Sector Series: Q&A on the Return of Tourism to Honduras
In January, ACDI/VOCA hosted a panel discussion on how the private sector is leading development as part of the Society …
ACDI/VOCA to Take the USAID Transforming Market Systems Activity in Honduras to Scale
ACDI/VOCA is pleased to announce that USAID/Honduras has awarded the organization with the third and final task order to continue …
Seed Capital to Revive Crisis-Stricken Businesses in Cortés, Honduras
In many parts of the world, micro, small-, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in Honduras struggle to secure loans from formal …