The activity advances cooperative development knowledge in different contexts, while aligning with CDP’s IRs and the missions’ Country Development Cooperation Strategy. To advance the performance of these areas, the activity will apply ACDI/VOCA’s Inclusive Market Systems approach, developed for USAID, to integrate relationships, ownership, capacity, and incentives. In adopting a facilitative market systems approach to building capacity and sustainable relationships between producers, service providers, and buyers, ACDI/VOCA is creating long-term market relationships and incentives that will sustain cooperatives and their members into the future.
- Improve cooperative business performance.
- Improve cooperative enabling environments.
- Enhance development community’s support to cooperatives.
Project Activities & Approaches
- Component I: Cooperative Business Model Knowledge and Awareness – use learning from both country components and other AV projects to increase communication and connections and track the factors that improve cooperative partner performance.
- Component II: Guinea Cooperative Strengthening for Cashew Sector Development – build producer organization group capacity to improve cashew quality and volumes, strengthen market linkages, and create clear market incentives in coordination with Guinea/SADA.
- Component III: Philippine Agri-base Cooperative as Regional Development Hubs (RDH) for Rural Development – strengthen AgriCOOPh to provide needed member services and improve the governance and financial management of cooperatives and other agribusiness in Mindanao and Luzon.
Anticipated Project Results
- 35 cooperatives and credit unions with improved governance
- $1,579,002.00 value of resources leveraged
- 106 organizations using CDP developed tools and resources to benefit cooperatives and cooperative systems. In addition to 15,100 cooperative members benefiting from services and resources delivered through cooperatives and credit unions.
- Establish 10 Rural Development Hubs
CDP Manager: Thelonious Trimmell, email@example.com
Project Director: Alex Dunkel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Specialist: Madelyn Dynes, email@example.com
Chief of Party: Laurent Gomis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Director: Elitza Barden, email@example.com
Project Specialist: Luisa Beltran Rey, firstname.lastname@example.org
How a Women’s Cooperative is Leading the Way for Specialty Coffee in the Philippines
The foothills of Mount Apo are home to the Philippines’s growing specialty coffee industry. Specialty coffee is at the heart …
ACDI/VOCA to Lead USAID’s Cooperative Development Program in Guinea and the Philippines
ACDI/VOCA is pleased to announce USAID has selected ACDI/VOCA to lead the Cooperative Development Program (CDP) in Guinea and the …
41 Philippine Co-Ops Team Up with USAID’s Cooperative Development Program
This post is authored by Felipe Cook, a Leland Fellow with the Congressional Hunger Center working with ACDI/VOCA. On September …