ACDI/VOCA is excited to celebrate International Women’s Day on Wednesday, March 8. This year’s theme—#BeBoldForChange—is a call to action to help forge a more gender-inclusive world. Here are a few ways that ACDI/VOCA projects are supporting International Women’s Day around the world.
- Philippines Mindanao Productivity in Agricultural Commerce and Trade (MinPACT): MinPACT will join the City of Davao and various organizations in celebrating International Women’s Day. Partner organizations far from Davao City will participate remotely in their respective villages’ International Women’s Day celebrations.
- Ghana Agricultural Development and Value Chain Enhancement (ADVANCE) II: In northern Ghana, the ADVANCE II project will highlight the achievements of distinguished female farmers while demystifying gender stereotypes in farming. In southern Ghana, ADVANCE II will sponsor an exchange of ideas between established female farmers, who run their own businesses, and less experienced female business owners and smallholder farmers.
- Colombia Program of Alliances for Reconciliation (PAR): PAR will conduct a series of discussions on the history and meaning of International Women’s Day. PAR will also facilitate an interactive dialogue, bringing three female ethnic leaders together to speak about the challenges and their experiences in their communities.
- Kenya Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands–Accelerated Growth: On International Women’s Day, our project will bring together female pastoral entrepreneurs to mentor university students, enabling them to develop business skills.
In addition to these activities, the following ACDI/VOCA projects are celebrating International Women’s Day with local events and participation, underscoring the importance of women and their contributions to society.
- Zambia Production, Finance, and Improved Technology Plus (PROFIT+)
- Tanzania NAFAKA II Cereals Market System Development
- Egypt Advanced Marketing and Agribusiness Logistics (AMAL)
- Ghana Poultry Project (GPP)
- Mozambique Livelihoods Empowerment and Development (LEAD)
- Ethiopia Cooperative Development Program (CDP) II
- Mali USAID Cereal Value Chain (CVC) Project
- Burkina Faso Victory Against Malnutrition (ViM) Project
In Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA staff will celebrate our projects by participating in a Twitter Relay and premiering two videos highlighting bold women in Uganda and the Philippines.