Offering Technical Assistance in Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan
The USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) program in Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia promotes economic growth in the core countries of Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan through specialized volunteer technical assistance. ACDI/VOCA has placed expert volunteers in more than 130 developing countries and emerging democracies.
Our highly qualified volunteers support international agricultural development activities to improve private agricultural operations relating to all aspects of agricultural production and post-harvest activities. With a focus on increasing productivity and profitability of relevant market systems, F2F helps raise the incomes of farmers, their organizations, and other associated agribusiness operations.
- Increase agricultural sector productivity and profitability and strengthen the competitiveness of agricultural sector institutions
- Promote sustainable improvements in food security and agricultural processing, production, and marketing
- Increase the U.S. public’s understanding of international development
Activities and Approaches
- Target women producers and entrepreneurs so they gain access to the resources needed to invest in their own productivity and profitability
- Link improved incomes and capacity building with improved natural resource and environmental management practices including, but not limited to, conservation tillage and improved pest management practices
- In Armenia, through project partner VISTAA, F2F is improving the productivity and profitability of the agricultural sectors, creating opportunities for small farmers to improve incomes while meeting the demand of the growing end markets through work with rural enterprises and producer organizations
- In Georgia, F2F contributes to the development of producer organizations and rural enterprises, the creation of private sector linkages, and the facilitation of agricultural technology transfer through vocational education and training centers
- F2F Kyrgyzstan targets opportunities for economic growth, food security, and job creation through a focus on the fruit, vegetable, and small ruminant value chains, partnering with rural enterprises, agricultural education institutions, and rural financial service providers
- ACDI/VOCA implements F2F in targeted Feed the Future priority areas in southern Tajikistan, developing producer organizations and rural enterprises in these areas
- Field at least 400 assignments by the end of the project
- Assist more than 20,000 people, including over 8,000 women
Contact: Meredith Jones, email@example.com