The impact of COVID-19 on the economies and well-being of people throughout the world has been profound. Our projects have pivoted to ensure the safety and health of project staff and participants while ensuring the continuation of project activities, with adaptation as needed. Throughout this period, our projects and technical staff have produced a wide array of materials and research findings on COVID-19’s impact, including the following:
- tools and tactics to equip other implementers in their COVID-19-prompted pivots
- a presentation of five strategies for revive food and agricultural systems in the face of COVID-19
- a consideration of COVID-19’s disproportionate impact on women and girls
- a mention of new virtual volunteering assignments
- a webinar and resources related to rural tourism
- a look at reviving Honduras’s tourism sector as well as a study of the resilience of Honduran businesses
- information on connecting farmers to markets–from coffee farmers in the Philippines to poultry producers in Ghana–to maintain their livelihoods in the midst of this unprecedented crisis.
More information on our COVID-19 pivots and publications is available here.