MarketFlow studies several structural factors from horizontal and vertical linkages, the enabling environment, supporting markets, and the requirements of end markets. The tool also examines dynamic factors, including inter-firm relationships, value chain governance, and upgrading opportunities. MarketFlow explores the following questions:
- What are the most viable market opportunities?
- What upgrading or behavior changes are needed to exploit them?
- What benefits will each actor receive after these changes?
- Who will the primary actor be in driving value chain upgrading?
- What factors have kept changes from happening already?
- What incentives are needed to make these changes happen now?
MarketFlow is one of three tools in our Market Systems approach:
MarketFacilitator: engages market actors to reach new markets
MarketFinder: identifies the most promising agriculture markets
MarketFlow: improves efficiency of market systems and value chains
We rigorously monitor project activities and adaptively manage them to achieve success for our clients. We customize every project to meet the unique demands and emerging challenges of each situation. For MarketFinder, we create a comprehensive evaluation that builds from the following measures:
Output: # viable, competitive upgrades identified
Outcome (immediate): # viable, competitive upgrades planned for implementation
Outcome (distant): % improvement in participating smallholders’ incomes