Fundación ACDI/VOCA LA (FAVLA), a nonprofit affiliate of ACDI/VOCA registered in Bogotá, Colombia, celebrates three years in operation. Since its launch in 2018, FAVLA has reached more than 13,000 people in 30 municipalities across Colombia, from the capital Bogotá to remote communities in the Guajira desert and many others in between.
The foundation provides innovative solutions for governments and companies to strengthen social and economic inclusion in Latin America with a view to reducing poverty and inequality. Working alongside public and private partners, FAVLA is helping to transform the lives of vulnerable population groups through projects that add social value and boost inclusion in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. Initiatives include employment programs, community engagement, facilitating public-private partnerships, and mobilizing development through corporate volunteering activities.
FAVLA’s work to date includes:
- Job training programs with Citi Foundation, Texmodas, and Bogotá Chamber of Commerce;
- Community building activities with Enel Green Power and Agencia Nacional de Territorios;
- Business strengthening and increased market access for indigenous crafts with Pepsico;
- Gender and social inclusion capacity building with Johnson & Johnson, Grupo Aval, and Banco de Bogotá among others;
- Access to clean water for indigenous communities in la Guajira;
- Environmental management and community strengthening with the Interamerican Development Bank;
- Supporting women, youth, children and minority communities with the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF)
Learn more about FAVLA here.